NGTR Train the Trainer Training
Thursday 25 June 2015, 1.00pm – 4.00pm
The training will be held at Alexander Bain, 15 York Street, Atlantic Quay, Glasgow G2 8LA.
The session will run 1.00pm – 4.00pm with the following agenda:
- Basic overview as to what the NGT service is and outline the key enhancements compared to the old service
- We will explain how the service can be used in a variety of ways – by Typing and Reading, Speaking and Reading, Hearing and Typing and Speaking and Hearing
- Show Android Step by Step videos
- Walk through the key steps to getting started using a smart device and the NGT Lite App
- What you need to get started
- How to download the app
- Setting-up your device
- Making and Receiving calls
- How to get a TextNumber
- Opportunity to make some live relay and text to text calls, including hints and tips on the best way to manage the conversation on the app
- Quick intro to the website
Followed by the opportunity for Questions.
Devices will be handed out at train the trainer session and an appointed person from each charity will need to be given for handout of second batch of devices. More details will be given at the events and an idea prior to attending on how many devices a charity would need would be helpful.
There is no set criteria for being trained only that the appointed person then further trains others whether it be in their workplace, social or other. The more trained the better the outcome for all. The handset will be owned by the end user.
As a general rule we are saying 2 places per organisation, but it might be that one event an organisation is able to send 4 attendees who are being appointed to go out and train others and 0 at another, and therefore places would be allocated. WE ONLY HAVE LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
BSL / English Interpreters and Electronic Note-takers will be provided at the training.
Lunch will NOT be provided. Please do have your lunch before you arrive. Training is free of charge.
If you would like to attend the training, please get in touch with Derek Todd at SCoD: email@example.com. Deadline for registration is by 10.00am on Thursday 21 May 2015.
Please do forward this on to your colleagues / members / contacts who have an interest or remit in deafness (Deaf BSL users, Deafblind, Deafened and Hard of Hearing).
For more information about NGTR, please see link below: